Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions relate to your holding an event/s or as part of Chicago Tribune Food Bowl (“Food Bowl”).
2. Chicago Tribune Food Bowl will take place from August 8 – 26, 2018.
3. Your event/s will take place on the date(s) and during the hours set and agreed to by the Chicago Tribune (“Chicago Tribune”). Chicago Tribune reserves the right to change the date and/or time of the event/s and/or Food Bowl or cancel Food Bowl or your participation in Food Bowl, provided it gives you seven (7 )days written notice of the change and, in the event of cancellation, your event/s application fee will be refunded to you. You agree that this will be your sole remedy for cancellation of the Event for any reason.
4. By applying to be a part of Food Bowl, the email address that you provided during the application process will be automatically added to Chicago Tribune’s database.
5. To host an event/s as part of Food Bowl, you must agree to these terms and conditions. All Event applications are subject to approval by Chicago Tribune, and Chicago Tribune may accept or refuse applications at its sole discretion. Chicago Tribune may refuse a registration if your proposed event/s does not conform to the terms and conditions for the category of the event specified, and if your event cannot be tailored to fit into another appropriate category of event. All Food Bowl applicants will be notified of approval of their participation in Food Bowl by no later than Friday, June 15, 2018.
6. The confirmation of your event registration/s with the Food Bowl program will take the form of a confirmation email. If your participation in Food Bowl is ultimately refused pursuant to condition 5 above, you will be notified in writing.
7. Chicago Tribune maintains the right to edit copy and use images supplied by you at its sole discretion, in the printed program and online and for any marketing promotional assets used for Food Bowl.
8. Should you need to cancel your event/s within Food Bowl, notification in writing must be made to Chicago Tribune in writing prior to the release of the printed program to publish July 1, 2018 in the Chicago Tribune newspaper.
9. Your event must be open to the public, but may be subject to any capacity restrictions that apply to your premises or require members of the public to make reservations in order to attend your event/s.
10. Food Bowl and your event will be promoted by Chicago Tribune through a marketing campaign which may include press, online and radio advertising. Your participation in Food Bowl and your event will be included in the official Food Bowl program which will be online at ctfoodbowl.com (the “Website”). The extent of such promotion will be at the sole discretion of Chicago Tribune. The Chicago Tribune in not responsible for late submission of your promotional material.
11. You must promote your involvement with Food Bowl and your event by using the Food Bowl logo on your website, on event displays and in your own marketing. The Food Bowl logo can be downloaded from the Website and must be used in accordance with the Food Bowl brand Guidelines which will also be available on the Website.
12. To assist you with promoting your involvement in Food Bowl and your Event/s, you will be supplied with official Food Bowl and/or event marketing materials. You are expected to display these materials in conjunction with your event/s to the extent that it is appropriate in your circumstances.
13. The Food Bowl logo and any other Food Bowl and/or event marketing materials may only be used by you until the closing date of Food Bowl. After that date, the Food Bowl logo must be removed from your website, any marketing materials which contain the logo must be withdrawn from distribution and circulation, and you must cease display of any other Food Bowl and/or event marketing materials.
14. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any intellectual property rights or goodwill in the names “Chicago Tribune”, “Food Bowl” or in the name of any event that is part of Food Bowl. Any use by you of Food Bowl logos, trademarks or other intellectual property is subject to prior written approval by Chicago Tribune.
Subject to the foregoing,
• Your trademarks, product identifications, artwork and other symbols and devices associated with Your products (“Your Trademarks”) are and shall remain Your property, and You shall take all steps reasonably necessary to protect Your Trademarks. Chicago Tribune right to use Your Trademarks hereunder shall be non-assignable and non-transferable. All uses by Chicago Tribune of Your Trademarks, and the goodwill associated therewith, shall inure solely to your benefit.
• Chicago Tribune trademarks, designs, artwork and other symbols and devices associated with Chicago Tribune and the Event (“Chicago Tribune Trademarks”) are and shall remain Chicago Tribune property and Chicago Tribune shall take all steps reasonably necessary to protect their Trademarks. Your right to use their Trademarks hereunder shall be non-assignable and non-transferable. All uses by you of Chicago Tribune Trademarks shall inure solely to the benefit of Chicago Tribune.
• You consent to Food Bowl sharing your contact information with official Food Bowl partners, and to Chicago Tribune and Food Bowl partners contacting you with promotional opportunities related to your event/s, Food Bowl and other similar events conducted by Chicago Tribune.
• In consideration of Chicago Tribune permitting you to participate in Food Bowl, you release Chicago Tribune and its related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees (the “Released Parties”) from all claims, demands and proceedings relating to your participation in Food Bowl and your event/s and you agree to indemnify the Released Parties against any liabilities, losses, damages, outgoings, costs and expenses incurred by the Released Parties arising out of or as a result of your participation in Food Bowl and your event/s, including but not limited to the sale or service of any product at the Event and any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
• You must maintain for the duration of the Food Bowl all necessary and appropriate business insurance policies, including public and product liability insurance to cover liability for any injury, loss, death or damage whatsoever arising out of or as a result of your participation in Food Bowl and your event/s, and also worker’s compensation insurance as required by law.
• You acknowledge that Chicago Tribune does not give any guarantee in respect of the success or profitability of your participation in Food Bowl or your event/s.
• You participate in Food Bowl at your own risk. You acknowledge that Chicago Tribune is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, your participation in Food Bowl. In no circumstances will Chicago Tribune be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential losses or damages (including loss of profits or opportunity) in connection with Food Bowl.
• You will indemnify, defend and hold Chicago Tribune their parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations and their respective directors, officers, agents and employees harmless from and against any and all liabilities, claims, suits, damages, judgments, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees (“Claims”) arising out of or in connection with (i) the inaccuracy of any warranty or representation made by you or any failure by you to perform any of the agreements, terms covenants or conditions of this Agreement to be performed by You; (ii) You or Your Employee’s acts or omissions at the Event or related to the Event, or the acts or omissions of others acting on behalf of You; (iii) the use of your Trademarks in the manner provided for hereunder; and (iv) any negligence or willful misconduct of your officers, directors, representatives, agents or employees at or in connection with the Event.
• You acknowledge that you are responsible for the safety of your employees, contractors and other individuals attending your premises during your Event and you agree to comply with all statutory obligations and applicable laws related to employee safety and any other policies or directions issued by Chicago Tribune or its nominated representatives. You must notify Chicago Tribune or its nominated representatives immediately of safety concerns.
• You warrant that you will comply with all applicable laws in relation to your Event/s. In particular this includes, without limitation, all laws relating to the preparation, sale and service of food and beverage items and fair trading laws.
• You warrant that the supply, use and publication of any material you supply to us in connection with Chicago Tribune or your event/s will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person.
• You agree to at all times to act in good faith in relation to Food Bowl. Chicago Tribune reserves the right to direct you to immediately cease participation in Chicago Tribune and conduct of your event/s if Chicago Tribune reasonably believes your actions are causing, or are likely to cause, disruption to Food Bowl, embarrassment to Chicago Tribune or its affiliates or a safety risk to the public.
• Neither party to this agreement will be liable to the other party for delay or failure to perform an obligation under this agreement due to Force Majeure. You acknowledge that you are not entitled to any reimbursement in respect of any matter disrupting or leading to the postponement or cancellation of Food Bowl including, without limitation, inclement weather. In this clause “Force Majeure” means an event or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of a party, including acts of God, war, rain, hail, fire, explosion, civil disobedience, legislation not in force at the date of this agreement or labor disputes.